So, yeah. It's been awhile. Happy New Year! Hooray for 2010 - the year our baby will be born!
So what have we been up to over the last 15 weeks (since that 20 week photo shoot below)? Well...a lot. I celebrated a birthday, M and I took a "babymoon" to a bed & breakfast in Pennsylvania for our anniversary at the end of October, M and I completed an eight week long childbirth class, co-workers and family have held two baby showers in anticipation of Baby West, and finally we have traveled to North Carolina three times over a six week period.
On the plus side, we have had the opportunity to see lost of family and friends over the last few months, who have all been thrilled to help us celebrate the new baby coming into our lives. However, a cloud of sadness has also been hanging over our heads -- M's dad passed away in early November and it was a big shock for everyone. It will continue to be heavy on our hearts for a long time I imagine. But we made it through the holidays, and we'll keep plugging forward.
So now it's 2010, and I have made it to 35 weeks. Many folks say that even though it's early, it's good to know that most babies born after the 35 week mark are usually very healthy even if they have to stay a day or two in the NICU. Apparently, this is supposed to make me feel better. Hells no! I am not ready to have this baby just quite yet...
Although, I will admit to feeling much more prepared after the awesome work M did this week putting together the nursery furniture. And a couple of my awesome girlfriends are throwing me a shower here in DC next weekend -- yeah for girl time (M is going to NYC for the weekend, so I will have lots of it)!
I just need a little bit more time before I am truly mentally prepared for Baby West's arrival...at least 2-3 more weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment